Whether you are a student considering studying with us, a company that is interested in collaboration, or a potential education or commercial partner, we hope that you will find the relevant information here.
The Department of Graphics and Multimedia offers full-time undergraduate programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Information Technology (Graphics and Multimedia)(Hons.).
1. Year 1 introduces the underlying technologies of Computer Systems, explores Problem Solving Methodologies, Basic Drawing Methods, Multimedia Technologies, Computer Modeling & Creativity, Structured programming, Data communication & Computer networking and Discrete structures.
2. During the 2nd year, and in addition to core Information Technology modules, the study will concentrate on Object Oriented Programming, Computer Graphics, Database, Multimedia Systems Design, Computer Vision & Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Technical Elective courses such as Game Design, Audio Video Technologies, Computer Animation, Virtual Reality, AI & Game Aesthetics and Digital Photography, followed by an industrial placement (Special semester).
3. In the 3rd year (Final Year), the study will concentrate on Fundamental of Software Engineering, Web programming, Multimedia Systems Interface Design, Fundamental of Information Systems, Ethics & IT Professional Practices and Technology Entrepreneurship.
4. In addition to the above students may take an in-depth look at aspects of Game Design, Computer Animation, Audio Video Technologies, Virtual Reality, AI & Game Aesthetics and Digital Photography as elective subjects. Students will also undertake an individual project investigating an application of graphics or multimedia technology.
5. The combination of all the modules above will help students gain a solid understanding of the hardware and software aspects of capturing, storing and manipulating sound and images in a digital form. Students will explore the techniques involved in producing their own creative digital media. Digital image editing and manipulation, together with video editing and distribution are also examined.
Students who have successfully completed the undergraduate programme may consider pursuing the postgraduate programmes which include the Master of Information Technology and Doctor of Philosophy by research in the areas of Multimedia.
Graduates from this programme have the flexibility to choose to be in various career paths in ICT e.g. Computer Scientist, System Analyst, Programmer, Software Engineer, Web Master, Web Designer, Network Administrator, System Designer, Project Manager, Lecturer, Database Designer and Administrator to name the few.
• Islamic / Moral and Civil Society I
• Industrial Training
1 (One) year:
3 (Three) years:
Undergraduate degree course encompasses at least 9 (nine) semester, including 1 (one) semester for industrial training.
Each student will be assigned an academic advisor who will assist the student in his/her academic studies. This includes advice on plan of study such as the selection of courses for the coming semester as well as the student's academic performance. The assigned College advisers are available throughout the academic year for consultation and advising.
Click HERE for complete list of accreditation.